Funding Circle brings together small businesses and investors in a way that is truly revolutionary. Our mission is to foster an environment where small business can thrive. Our online platform provides a marketplace where investors receive better returns and small businesses find lower rates. The driving force behind our product is our engineering team; we are building elegant, sustainable, and scalable infrastructure on a global scale, and we want you to be a part of it!
Our mission: to build a better financial world
You will design, implement, test and maintain scalable data pipelines from a variety of web and marketing analytics providers. You will work alongside your team to ensure quality, performance and reliability goals are met while contributing to our overall back-end infrastructure. This role is mission critical. You will have a huge influence on the entire data strategy for the organization! We’re a tight-knit, highly visible part of the organization.
Data is central to our mission of making a better financial world – come join us and drive the most strategic area of focus for the company!
What we are looking for in you:
- Be a builder: you’ll be developing scalable data warehousing solutions utilizing web & social data to help drive better decision making across the company.
- Be a collaborator: you’ll be expected to partner with your business counterparts to forge deep bonds, understand their data needs and share ownership of their outcomes.
- Be a data evangelist: lead by example facilitating high-quality data-driven decision-making throughout the company by helping other teams cultivate deeper knowledge and improve scoring models.
Our ideal candidate has:
- 4+ years in a development and data engineering role preferably building data pipelines and dimensional models in high volume tech.
- Experience with Confluent stack: Kafka, Kafka Connect, Kafka Streams, Schema registry
- Familiarity with AWS including Lambda, EC2, EMR, Glue, Athena.
- Exposure to big data systems and the issues that arise from working with large datasets.
- Extensive hands-on experience with SQL.
- Strong programming skills Clojure, Python,
- Online marketing experience – tracking and event data collection and analysis
- Deep understanding of the current Web Analytics landscape including FB, GA, Tag Manager.
Extra points for:
- Experience in financial or other strongly regulated industry where oversight and attention to detail are paramount.
- Experience in virtualized environments (Mesos, Marathon, Chronos, Docker, etc.).
- R, SAS, ML algorithm creation & model building.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://jobs.jobvite.com/careers/funding-circle-uk/job/oRh36fw1/apply?__jvst=Job Board&__jvsd →