The Methodology team at CBS Heerlen is looking for an expert in Artificial Intelligence to join its multi-disciplinary team of methodologists and data scientists. Are you passionate about Big Data innovative research and are you up for the challenge to tackle Big Data in making official statistics, then get in touch with us!
About the CBS
Statistics Netherlands (CBS) is a renowned knowledge institute that produces timely statistical information on social phenomena and trends. Working from two office locations (The Hague and Heerlen), CBS has acquired national and international recognition in the field of Data Science through the use of cutting-edge statistical methodology, ICT, and a continuous focus on improving processes and developing innovative methods and products using Big Data. CBS’ activities in the field of Big Data (development of experimental statistical products and Big Data research methods) are concentrated in the Centre for Big Data Statistics (CBDS), which was launched in September 2016. The Centre is located on-site in both Heerlen and The Hague.
What will you be doing?
- You will be supervising data scientists and develop both scientific research and projects related to the policy-relevant themes of the work programme of the CBDS
- You will undertake scientific and innovative research in the area of Big Data with a focus on Artificial Intelligence
- You will give advice and teach on the application of existing methods and techniques and develop new Big Data methods
- You will be one of the senior researchers of the methodology team and present your research at national and international conferences
- You will be involved in product development activities which could involve work for third parties with particular emphasis on Artificial Intelligence.
- You will be writing scientific papers and project proposals about your research
- You will work on important topics with regard to official statistics, such as unbiased estimations based on Big Data, Big Data processing and Big Data collection
What we are looking for
Check the job profile on our website for more info!
- A modern and family-friendly work atmosphere
- A challenging environment with plenty of room for own initiatives
- Working with a young data scientists team of around 20 people
- Good working conditions
- An existing network with universities and governmental institutions
- High level skilled colleagues with PhD level education in several fields of expertise (IT, physics, mathematics, statistics, AI, computer science)
- Trainees from several Dutch universities to work on Master projects
- Opportunities for networking and travelling
- The challenge to combine cutting edge research with applied statistical development
Your salary will be max €5292 (max. salary- scale 12) á month. The scale will depend on knowledge and experience. CBS offers very good working conditions.
We offer a 2 year contract, with the possibility for an extension.
Apply online via the ‘Apply’ button
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://werkenbijcbs.secure.force.com/cxsrec__cxsSearchApply?positionId=a0w0N0000089QClQAM&lang=nl-NL&mediaChannel=a0o0N00000Dg3AUQAZ&returnUrl=https://werkenbijcbs.secure.force.com/cxsrec__cxsSearchDetail?id=a0w0N0000089QCl&lang=nl-NL&mediaChannel=a0o0N00000Dg3AUQAZ →