Westat is seeking a highly motivated biostatistician to participate with investigators as part of a biostatistical and data management team responsible for the design, implementation, and analysis of multiple clinical trials and other health-related studies covering a wide range of therapeutic areas. This position is remote eligible. Job
- Participate in all biostatistical aspects of the design and analysis of clinical trials and other health-related studies, from study design and sample size calculations to data analysis, final reports, and manuscript submission.
- Meet independently with project investigators, prioritize between multiple concurrent tasks, manage workload to meet dynamic deadlines, and respond appropriately to inquiries.
- Interact with biostatistics, data management, and clinical staff to define and clarify project requirements.
- Participate in the development stage of proposals by providing input into the study design, power and sample size calculations, and analysis.
- Develop statistical analysis plans and independently determine appropriate statistical approaches for analyses.
- Analyze data and interpret statistical results to meet project objectives. Independently apply and implement basic and complex statistical techniques to these analyses.
- Contribute to the preparation of written reports and provide a detailed description of the statistical methods.
- Review and contribute to abstracts, posters, presentations, and manuscripts for publication, and ensure accuracy of all biostatistical aspects of such documents.
- Contribute to the statistical methods sections of proposals, create cost estimates.
Biostatistics, Statistics, Statistician, sas programming, data analysis, statistic, clinical trials
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Basic Qualifications: • A Master’s degree in statistics/biostatistics or a related discipline with 5 years of relevant work experience; or a Doctoral degree in statistics/biostatistics. • Knowledge of statistical and data processing software, e.g., SAS, Stata, and/or R is a requirement.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.