This is an exciting time to join The Insolvency Service driving significant IT and business change for our colleagues and customers as part of our 5-year strategic plan. We are looking for Business Analysts to work on projects across the agency that will tangibly improve outcomes for our customers.
The Insolvency Service is a leading Government agency which plays a crucial role in providing essential services to the public and to business. The work we do is important to the proper functioning of markets, the economy in general and support for thousands of people each year who are in financial difficulty.
Inclusive and diverse teams are important to us. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone, including groups underrepresented in our workforce. The Insolvency Service strives to ensure that the agency is a safe, inclusive and welcoming place for everybody to bring their true self to work and to help the agency to achieve its diversity objectives. We have 10 active employee network groups available to join or become an ally, these include LGBT+, FACES, Disability & Health, Break the Stigma, Women’s, The Shed, Carers, Part Time Workers, No Limits and Grass Roots.
We offer full-time, part-time, job share and flexible ways of working. We value capability, technical skills and experience and we place great emphasis on lifetime development to support our people. We encourage our employees to become more involved in areas they feel strongly about, whether it be for the benefit of the agency, though our Engagement network or in their own local communities via volunteering opportunities.
The Insolvency Service is a great place to work, learn and grow your career.
The Business Analysis team assist with introducing change to all areas of the Insolvency Service. The post-holder will mainly be responsible for eliciting requirements, process design and mapping and many more business analysis related tasks for projects and other types of change.
This is an exciting role within our Change Delivery Team in The Chief Operating Officer's Office. As a Business Analyst you will work closely with Solution Architects, project teams, subject matter experts, key stakeholders, suppliers, and the extended IT functions of Digital Technology Services. You will ensure that business needs are understood and translated into requirements that enable the selection, design, and delivery of technology enabled business solutions with innovation and customer experience at the heart of design principles.
Travel to other Insolvency Service sites will be required within the role.
As a Business Analyst, you will:
- Undertake the methodical investigation, analysis, review and documentation of all or part of the organisations' business, information and data related to capabilities, functions and processes.
- Identify and assess new and alternative approaches to performing business activities and opportunities for improvement or automation.
- Adhere to corporate IT strategy and the principles of standardisation and simplification of processes and technologies.
- Capture decisions, assumptions and functional requirements, non-functional requirements, user stories and associated acceptance criteria.
- Translation of requirements to commercial terms to support the procurement and SIAM provider processes.
- Creation of viable functional specifications and acceptance criteria.
- Manage requirements throughout the project lifecycle ensuring traceability, version control.
- Map out As-Is, and design and map To-Be processes for a range of departments across the Agency.
- Support management of change, functional testing, and implementation.
- Support cost and benefit analysis relating to new approaches.
- Adhere to standards and methods for business analysis activities to support consistency and quality.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of business analysis standards and products, to drive excellence within the team.
- Work collaboratively with business users, third parties, the project team and IT throughout the systems implementation lifecycle.
- Working in partnership with the Project Manager, providing leadership to the delivery of the overall project.
- Support colleagues in identifying new and alternate approaches to performing business activities and other tasks commensurate with the post.
- Facilitate discussions and workshops with technical and non-technical individuals at all levels of experience and seniority.
- A knowledge and understanding of agile development and delivery methodologies.
- Able to work with detailed information and maintain sight of the bigger picture.
- A sound background in recognised business analysis methodologies, including the use of business analysis models and tools.
- Requirement’s elicitation and drafting for various contexts including commercial agreements.
- Process Design and Mapping using business analysis tools.
- Understanding of IT security, GDPR and associated regulations.
- Capable of working effectively and maintaining high quality standards whilst under pressure amongst conflicting priorities.
- A logical and creative approach to problem solving with an ability to identify critical issues with ease.
- The ability to lead, inspire and influence others with integrity and trust; allowing you to contribute to a team by generating enthusiasm and confidence among others
Successful applicants will demonstrate the below criteria within their application.
- Previous experience of working as a Business Analyst within a project or change environment.
- Experience of eliciting and managing decisions, assumptions, and business requirements.
- Experience of business process design and re-engineering.
- Strong business and commercial awareness.
- Strong networking and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to support others through change.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skill.
- A project or Business analysis related qualification.
- Line Management experience.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Changing and Improving
- Making Effective Decisions
- Communicating and Influencing
- Seeing the Big Picture
We only ask for evidence of these behaviours on your application form:
- Changing and Improving
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
Apply before 11:55 pm on Sunday 4th December 2022