Reporting to: Analyst Team Leader
The SANS Institute
Established in 1989, SANS Institute is the largest information security training organisation in the world. SANS provides intensive, technical training designed to impart the skills and techniques necessary for defending systems and networks against the most dangerous threats - the ones being actively exploited. SANS training is led by world-renowned, expert instructors and the curriculum covers all the most crucial areas of security. Training can be delivered in a classroom at a SANS training event, privately in the workplace or online. SANS training is aligned to GIAC certification.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- The Data Analyst will work alongside the Analyst Team Leader to make recommendations on the methods and ways in which SANS obtains and analyses data across the business.
- The Data Analyst will be responsible for improving quality and the efficiency of data within SANS.
- The Data Analyst will be expected to collaborate with the wider business, playing an important role by assisting with the implementation of new processes based on facts and data driven arguments.
- The Data Analyst will use their expertise to make key recommendations for change and continuous improvements and developments.
- To contribute towards effective business decisions by interpreting key business data and delivering informative, well-organised presentations and updates with recommendations.
- To gather information in relation to SANS business activity from a variety of sources to interpret patterns and trends.
- To report back information to the Sales and Marketing teams, on trends, patterns and findings in an appropriate business format
- To use established statistical test methodologies to ensure all analysis activity is measured in a robust and consistent wa
- To build and publish automated dashboards and visualisations in Tableau to support the on and offline customer journeys that will support trading and planning cycles
- To review the current data solutions being used and design plans to deliver improvements
- To undertake market research in relation to analytical tools and industry best practice to ensure the reporting suit is cutting edge
- To work with senior managers to ensure their reporting tools are fit for purpose
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline • Several years commercial analytics experience
- Strong analytical skills required, with an informed evidence-based approach
- A thorough understanding of how to interpret the business needs and translate them into business/operational requirements
- Experience in data models and reporting packages such as SQL Dax, Power Query, Power BI, VBA, Python (we are not expecting knowledge with every area)
- Ability to analyse large datasets
- Salesforce and Tableau experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Actively engages in team meetings
- A passion for creating solutions with a positive attitude to change
- Able to manage change, whilst aligning and prioritising multiple demands within strict deadlines
- Ability to use all Microsoft Packages to an advance standard particularly MS Excel
- Ability and desire to travel.
- Competitive salary.
- 25 Days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Company Mobile Phone and Macbook.
- Excellent career progression.
- Opportunity to represent a market-leading brand and play a key role in the region.
- Be part of a growing international community and working in an international environment and committed team
- Working in a dynamic environment in which personal responsibility and team spirit complement each other and which is characterised by open communication
- Good and well-founded induction training including an individual development plan and attendance of SANS courses
To apply, please email your CV via the 'apply button' and state the position you are applying for in a short covering note.