Glasgow: £29,200 – £42,390
London, Canary Wharf: £31,500 – £45,700
Ofgem protects the interests of present and future generations of electricity and gas consumers by promoting value for money; ensuring security of supply and sustainability; and effectively supervising and developing competition in our markets.
Data is increasingly vital in how we support consumers as we facilitate an effective marketplace. Our new Data as a Service (DaaS) Unit is an essential capability to us as we enable the marketplace to deliver consumers’ needs.
We are an integrated team of business product leads, software engineers, user researchers, QA testers, business and data analysts working together collating and enriching data to generate new insight about the energy market for Ofgem and the marketplace participants.
The DaaS Unit is transforming Ofgem’s approach to working with and creating value from information. We support a wide range of internal and external service users. We design and construct automated and trusted pipelines of leading-edge regulatory data products and facilitate better information exchanges out in the marketplace itself. With us, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, encouraging open, inclusive discussions and adopting the team’s agile approach to delivery.
In the role you will:
- Construct data products software as specified by users of the service internal and external to Ofgem, responsible for an end-to-end data handling approach.
- Deliver software to a high standard, first time.
- Ensure principles of privacy and security are built into your data solutions.
- Maximise knowledge retention and transfer through concise documentation and collaboration.
- Continually seek to innovate, apply best practice and deliver new functionality to the Data Service platform.
Joining DaaS means joining an exciting new type of function within Ofgem; you’ll need the commitment and energy to help shape the team and drive it forward. You must have a genuine commitment to collaborate, share ideas and be open to new thinking.
You must also have:
- A deep understanding of software design principles.
- Knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem and Linux.
- An understanding of Python and SQL.
- Awareness of Cloud infrastructure and networks.
- The willingness to stretch yourself and learn new technical skills.
Ofgem can offer you a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, which includes:
- Up to 30 days’ annual leave
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- The opportunity to join the Civil Service pension arrangements, which include a valuable range of benefits
- Flexible working hours and family friendly policies
- Subsidised gym and restaurant (London only)
- Interest free season ticket loan.
Closing date: midnight, 23 July 2018.
Ofgem is an equal opportunities employer. Protecting consumers and powering the future of the energy debate.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.ofgemcareers-ds.co.uk →