Salary: £33,567 to £38,533
Contract Type: Full-time, Fixed Term Contract
Location: London, Lincoln Inn Fields.
The Royal College of Surgeons (RCS) is looking for a data manager / statistician to work within the Clinical Effectiveness Unit (CEU). The CEU is a leading centre for national clinical audit and health services research, and produces information on patterns of care and surgical outcomes across a number of medical conditions. The CEU has a multidisciplinary character, consisting of over 20 staff members of various academic and clinical backgrounds.
- To manage the CEU databases of national routine healthcare data
- To design and implement statistical analyses for national clinical audit and research projects
- To arrange access to routine healthcare datasets made available by third parties
- To support the management of information governance related to the datasets held within the CEU
Experience & Essential Skills
- Experience of undertaking statistical analyses using large datasets
- Experience of managing relational databases and using SQL
- Knowledge of data protection and information security principles
- Ability to critically evaluate numerical information
- Ability to work within small teams
- Good communication skills, including report writing and oral presentations
- Good organisational skills, including an ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines and work on various tasks simultaneously
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 college closure days
- In-house gym
- Contributory pension scheme
- Variety of learning and development opportunities
RCS is the professional body for surgery. Our mission is to build the future of the surgical profession and improve the delivery of surgical care. We do this through education, training, examination, supporting surgical research and audit/evaluation
To apply for this position please send a targeted cover letter and tailored CV to RCSHR@rcseng.ac.uk
We are an employer fully committed to our equality and diversity policies. We will judge you on your abilities and nothing else.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unfortunately unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not heard from us within 14 days of sending your CV, unfortunately you have not been selected for the position.
To apply for this job email your details to RCSHR@rcseng.ac.uk