When you're the UK's biggest government department, and you deal with millions of people's data every day, Data Quality matters.
We're hiring Data Quality Analyst to champion data quality across DWP, as we take on a once-in-a-generation digital transformation.
Data is a crucial asset within DWP, we use it to inform strategic decisions concerning our policies and operations and how we help our users.
To support our continued transition to really being a data led organisation, we've established the Office of the Chief Data Officer. We ensure and assure the ethical and secure use of data across DWP and beyond.
We hold data on eligibility, citizen payments, benefits, pensions and many other areas.
We are currently developing an improved data governance framework which will support data sharing to organisations such as local authorities, HMRC and other government departments so the impact and reach of your role is potentially huge.
Data. Work. Projects.
We want you to champion data quality and deliver targeted data quality interventions.
Working with people across DWP you'll define when critical data sets are fit for purpose, assess the quality of source data, carry out root cause analysis and initiate the remediation needed to improve the quality of data.
As part of the Data Quality Centre of Excellence you will provide support to resolve data quality risks and issues and help build a data quality community across DWP.
These posts will work under the umbrella of the Data Quality Centre of Excellence within the Office of the Chief Data Office.
We have a number of positions - from providing advice and guidance right through to being part of targeted intervention teams. We provide support right across DWP and so the posts could be allocated into any business area within DWP (like Universal Credit, and Retirement Services) so we'll have a great role to fit your skills and ambitions.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
- Experience in implementing data quality frameworks i.e. principles and practices to assess, communicate and improve the quality of data
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills to translate, promote and embed Data Quality
- Demonstrable experience of supporting a data stewardship network committed to achieving high standards of data quality
- Risk/issue management
- Knowledge of industry leading data quality and data management practices
Details. Wages. Perks.
You'll join us in one of our brilliant digital hubs Birmingham, Blackpool, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle or Sheffield.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly. We work a hybrid model - expect to be in the office 40% of the time, with the rest home working.
In return for your skills, we offer a salary of up to £43,347.
You'll be eligible for a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions of 27.1%, worth around £11,000 a year.
You'll get a generous leave package, starting at 26 days and rising to 31 days over time, plus all the usual bank holidays, and the option to take extra days off on flexi leave.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days
- Hybrid working: some time in a hub with the team, some time at home
- Family-friendly policies
- Time off for volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with 'I Can Be Me in DWP'
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Working in an award-winning environment and culture
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities
Click 'Apply' for more information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs
Apply before 11:55 pm on Monday 18th September 2023