Reflection is looking for a talented Data Scientist to join our growing team in the heart of London. This is an opportunity for an experienced mathematician to use big data and statistics to help deliver a powerful intelligence product to the app development community.
Initially looking for someone to join us on a contract basis for at least 3 months but looking to develop a permanent role for the right person.
If you’re a self-starter, would love to be part of a growing start-up at an exciting stage and have what it takes to get things done – we’d like to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
- Analyse sales and rank data for apps to understand how the app stores behave (iOS, Google Play)
- Use your understanding of each market to inform statistical models that estimate revenue and installs for each app in the top 1000 ranking
- Work alongside our team of engineers to continuously maintain and improve our statistical algorithms to drive better revenue and install accuracy
- In addition to optimising accuracy of app market revenue/download estimates you will also be helping to build new models that can be developed into additional product features (e.g. forecasting revenue for an app)
- Come up with new ways to visualise interesting insights you discover in the data and implement these with the design and engineering team
- Work along side the engineering team to drive successful product & feature launches
- Communicate ideas effectively to the team, be able to accept and give critique and feedback
What you’ll need to apply:
- A masters degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science or other discipline with substantial mathematical and data analysis content
- Have considerable experience in data analysis, statistics and statistical modelling.
- Machine learning algorithms (e.g. RandomForest, Decision tree learning)
- Regression analysis
- Deep understanding of Python
- Understanding of MYSQL
- Understanding of Java is a bonus
- Have experience in working in a rapid development environment
- Fluent in English, additional languages is a bonus
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org