Faculty of Environment, Science and Economy
The above full-time post is a Knowledge Transfer Partnership Associate role available immediately for 28 months. The successful candidate will be employed by the University of Exeter and will be based at Agile Applications in Pill near Bristol. They will be expected to work a hybrid pattern with 3 days based in the office. There is public transport from Bristol City Centre to the Pill offices.
Summary of the role
An exciting opportunity has become available to work on a 28 month Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) between the University of Exeter and Agile Applications Ltd. The KTP will create AI able to analyse architectural drawings within the planning process.
Agile Applications Ltd is a software development company that specialises in software systems for Planning, Building Control, Waste Management, Land Charges and Regulatory Services to improve efficiency, productivity and citizen engagement for Local Government in the UK.
More information about Agile Applications can be found at: https://agileapplications.co.u...
Qualification / skills we require:
- A good degree in data science, computer science or similar
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) with ability to communicate complex and conceptual ideas to a range of groups including clients.
- Good understanding and demonstrable experience with Data Science, AI/Machine Learning
- Ability to disseminate results to stakeholders.
- Strong abilities in problem solving and trouble shooting.
- Some experience with using Machine Learning to analyse images and text.
- Experience with using data to predict outcomes
- Experience with Python, ‘R’, Relational Databases, SQL Databases, Data Warehouses.
Please ensure you read the Job Description and Person Specification for full details of this role by clicking on the attachment.
Why our staff love working here
- Flexible working opportunities
- 41 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Actively inclusive organisation ensuring equality and fairness for all
- Leading parental leave initiatives
- Multiple wellbeing and health initiatives for staff
- Sustainability and the environment being at the heart of what we do
- Beautiful campus environment when working from either Exeter or Penryn
- Inspiring research that really makes a difference to the world
For more information on this job role and to apply please click the "Apply" link
GRA Salary: from £32,332 on Grade E, depending on qualifications and experience. PDRA Salary: from £32,982 on Grade E, depending on qualifications and experience.
All applications should be made via our website. The closing date for this role will be the 6th December 2023.