Our Data Science team focuses on the development and implementation of machine learning solutions, to solve business problems and deliver actionable insights. We are a talented and collaborative team who use our expertise to make sense of complex data, working in close collaboration with our business partners.
What you’ll do
- Develop and maintain the machine learning models which form the heart of our business.
- Use a combination of business acumen, coding and statistical skills to navigate large amounts of data and extract actionable solutions.
- Work cross-functionally on projects which support critical decisions.
- Evaluate new data sources for risk underwriting and affordability assessment
- Explore Real Time intelligence applications
- Maintain and develop end user tools
- Consult on statistical test design for new products and processes.
- Identify opportunities and new innovations in order to maintain our cutting edge and drive sustainable growth.
What we’re looking for
- A good understanding of probability, statistics, machine learning and familiarity with large data set manipulation.
- Experience in producing reliable and maintainable code in Python, R and/or SQL, with an ability to adapt to new languages and technologies.
- Natural curiosity and proactive engagement with all areas of the business.
- Desire to ask questions, challenge the status-quo and identify where Data Science can add value.
- Ability to communicate findings to a diverse business focused audience, influencing others in both verbal and written form.
- A drive for continued learning through an internal and external focus, in order to develop enterprise and industry leading solutions.
Where and how you'll work
This is a permanent position based in our Nottinghamoffices.
Our hybrid working model offers you the flexibility to work from our offices and from home, when you need to.
We're big on collaboration and connection, and so generally this role will be in the office for Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
What’s in it for you
- Bring us all this - and you’ll be well rewarded with a role contributing to the roadmap of an organisation committed to transformation
- We offer high performers strong and diverse career progression, investing heavily in developing great people through our Capital One University training programmes (and appropriate external providers)
- Immediate access to our core benefits including pension scheme, bonus, generous holiday entitlement and private medical insurance – with flexible benefits available including season-ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and enhanced parental leave
- Open-plan workspaces and accessible facilities designed to inspire and support you. Our Nottingham head-office has a fully-serviced gym, subsidised restaurant, mindfulness and music rooms. In London, you can heighten your mood with a run on our rooftop running track or an espresso at the Workshop Coffee café
What you should know about how we recruit
We pride ourselves on hiring the best people, not the same people. Building diverse and inclusive teams is the right thing to do and the smart thing to do. We want to work with top talent: whoever you are, whatever you look like, wherever you come from. We know it’s about what you do, not just what you say. That’s why we make our recruitment process fair and accessible. And we offer benefits that attract people at all ages and stages.
We also partner with organisations including the Women in Finance and Race At Work Charters, Stonewall and upReach to find people from every walk of life and help them thrive with us. We have a whole host of internal networks and support groups you could be involved in, to name a few:
- REACH – Race Equality and Culture Heritage group focuses on representation, retention and engagement for associates from minority ethnic groups and allies
- OutFront – to provide LGBTQ+ support for all associates
- Mind Your Mind – signposting support and promoting positive mental wellbeing for all
- Women in Tech – promoting an inclusive environment in tech
- EmpowHER - network of female associates and allies focusing on developing future leaders, particularly for female talent in our industry