As an Economist Statistician, you contribute to the compilation of statistics on the Luxembourg banking sector. In this context, you contribute to the definition and implementation of data collection and quality control systems in order to enable the BCL to meet the information requirements of national and supranational institutions.
- You develop and implement data quality management processes using the programming tools used in the department.
- You follow, learn and implement new technologies in data analysis, such as machine learning, in the data quality management processes.
- You are responsible for monitoring and improving data quality and compiling statistical aggregates.
- You analyze problems in the quality control process and assess the impact of detected problems on statistical aggregates.
- You participate in the implementation of new IT applications needed for the collection, verification and compilation of statistical data.
- You work together with financial reporting agents to solve conceptual problems.
- You participate in the work carried out in the various international fora (ECB, BIS, IMF, etc.) that deal with data collection and exploitation.
- You have a Master's degree in economics, econometrics, management, statistics or equivalent.
- You are fluent in French and English; knowledge of German and Luxembourgish is an advantage.
- You have a good command of common office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- You have a very good knowledge of statistical software; knowledge of SAS, Python and/or SQL programming languages is an advantage.
- You have knowledge of bank accounting.
- You are familiar with Luxgaap and IAS/IFRS.
- You have a very good knowledge of the European accounting system.
- You have good writing skills.
- You have good organizational skills and you are able to work in a team and independently.