- Location: Flexible
- Grade & Salary: £32,876 - £36,299 (Grade 5)
- Post numbers: 201265, 201266
- Type of contract: Permanent
- Work pattern: Full time, 37 hours
Closing date: 7 February 2023
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, childcare vouchers and salary sacrifice schemes.
To provide technical support to the Geospatial Team Leader, Geospatial Adviser and Specialists in managing NRW’s corporate spatial applications, spatial data, geospatial tools and creation of digital mapping products and services as defined in our Knowledge and GIS Strategies and the geospatial service plan.
This service helps NRW meet our place-based commitments set out in the Environment Act.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent spatial data management and analysis skills, using relevant geospatial applications to manage and manipulate data.
- Experience in using and developing geospatial applications in a business context e.g., ArcGIS Enterprise, ARCGIS Desktop, map browsers, spatial tool developments, web services and web feature services.
- In depth knowledge of geospatial applications including some experience in developing Geospatial solutions using a range of programming languages or development tools (e.g., Python .net etc).
- An understanding of automation, Extract, Transform and Load tools.
- An understanding of data sensitivities and experience of managing sensitive and confidential information.
- Experience of providing user support for Geospatial applications an understanding of the ITIL framework or similar governance framework for application development and user support.
- Degree in a relevant subject or a good grounding in GIS or computer science.
To apply, please visit our website.