Evidera is a global research consulting group that partners with life sciences organizations worldwide to develop, capture, and communicate the clinical and economic evidence required to substantiate the value of their products and optimize their products’ market access and commercial success. Our research and consulting services are driven by world-class science and thought leadership and leverage a unique combination of capabilities in health economics, outcomes research, market access, data analytics, and epidemiology.
Our multidisciplinary Modelling and Simulation (HEOR) experts design and implement health economic models that describe complex medical processes to understand and evaluate the implications of clinical trials; demonstrate the value of interventions beyond efficacy, and assess benefits, risks, and the economic consequences associated with healthcare interventions. If you have a passion for health economic modelling to conduct cost-effectiveness analyses of healthcare interventions and have experience conceptualizing and implementing simulation models (e.g., discrete event simulation) and other decision-analytic models (e.g., decision trees, Markov, individual state transition, survival partition), research and analytics, a position in Modelling and Simulation could be waiting for you!
The Lead Statistician has expertise in a broad range of statistical methods and their application with different study and data types and provides methodological leadership and oversight in the delivery of statistical analyses and support for Health Economics projects conducted by the Modeling & Simulation team.
This can include leading analytical support for economic models, meta-analysis, network meta-analysis or mixed treatment comparisons, trial simulation and exploratory analysis of data, statistical sections for study protocols, analysis plans and reports, and conducting or overseeing analyses, and identifying and pursuing dissemination opportunities. The candidate is also expected to be actively engaged with clients to demonstrate statistical expertise during bidding and proposal development activities, as well as in the course of projects to offer insightful interpretation and strategic guidance for analyses. In addition to project support, the lead statistician oversees other statisticians and is actively involved in hiring of new staff and the allocation of resources on projects. The incumbent leads methodological efforts that sees them through to publication and marketing.
This role is a senior member of multi-disciplinary research teams who provides statistical expertise and methodological leadership at all stages of projects from planning to dissemination.
- Assess complex client issues and provide appropriate solutions as they relate to statistical analysis.
- Mentor team members on best practices in advanced consulting and client management skills.
- Serve as the principal or co-principal investigator for the statistical projects as appropriate. Lead the full range of statistical components for any EMC or other related projects.
- Supports the Principal in executing on the administrative aspects of any project such as budgeting, forecasting and proposal work. Monitoring project financials, milestones and profitability
- Contributing to preparation of study plans, review study materials, develop statistical analysis plans.
- Writing programs to execute the analysis and the interpretation and dissemination of findings.
- Participates in client meetings, leading discussions around statistical methods and to present results from analyses.
- Manages junior staff in a professional and supportive manner by creating an atmosphere which cultivates high employee engagement and high retention
- Contributes to the implementation or cross training or mentoring programs and upholds performance standards to ensure a highly qualified and diversified workforce.
- Oversees the professional development program for direct report
Education, Professional Skills & Experience
- PhD or MSc in statistics, biostatistics or related fields with at least five years of experience in Health-economics, outcomes research, epidemiology consulting agency. Or a BSc in statistics, biostatistics or related fields with at least seven years of experience in Health-economics, outcomes research, epidemiology consulting agency.
- Experience managing more junior staff and managing workloads
- Experienced in working with clients during bidding/negotiations, and as primary contact during the course of projects
- Strong basis in fundamental statistical concepts and methods, and expertise with their application in HEOR and epidemiological studies.
- Familiarity with advanced methods like models for causal inference, crossover adjustment in oncology trials, multi-state-models, machine learning, and other relevant approaches.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and integrate new methods in project work, and advance methodological work in parallel with project work.
- Experienced with common epidemiological study designs for database studies as well as those involving collection of data. Able to provide strategic support in the development of these designs.
- Experience with economic modelling approaches and integration of statistical analyses into models. Able to provide strategic support in determining approaches and troubleshooting problems during integration.
- Experience with statistical software: SAS (Base, Stat, Graph, Macro), R, STATA, WinBUGS, or other as appropriate.
What you bring to Evidera:
- Able to write effectively to develop project documents as well as manuscripts and abstracts for dissemination.
- Capable of managing a small team of statisticians.
- Very strong communication skills in written and spoken English.
- Able to communicate complex statistical concepts to non-technical audience.
Evidera is a business within in Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC (PPD) a leading global contract research organization (CRO), and a is a preeminent provider of evidence-based solutions. We provide integrated scientific expertise and global operational capabilities to help clients generate the evidence needed to optimize the market access and commercial potential of products.
Evidera’s Core Competencies:
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving/Judgment
If you resonate with our core competencies and want to contribute to research and consulting services driven by world-class science and thought leadership, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.