BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Laboratories is seeking to recruit a machine learning researcher to expand our data science capability and capitalise on emergent techniques across our business. We are looking for a candidate who is highly motivated, keen to learn and is able to design, develop, test and deliver complex analytics in a range of programming environments and languages for industry leading solutions.
The candidate will have the opportunity to mix technical challenges with customer-facing and project support tasks. In addition to a solid academic background and excellent written and verbal communication skills, we are interested in candidates with experience of machine learning applied in any of the following domains: NLP, text analytics, computational behavioural science, video analytics. We are particularly interested in candidates with experience in Deep learning research.
Your main responsibilities as a Machine Learning Researcher will involve:
- Conducting novel research in given topic areas, often in partnership with leading UK Universities
- Developing prototypes and proof of concept demonstrators
- Taking ownership of tasks in projects and deliver to challenging standards
- Working effectively both on self-directed projects and in larger project teams
- Preparing technical reports and technical proposals
- Working cooperatively and collaboratively with others, to be part of a team and respect the opinions of others
- Working well or for surpassing a standard of excellenc
- Responding to customer requests, maintaining clear communication, correcting problems and taking action to make things better for the customer
Your skills and qualifications as a Machine Learning Researcher:
PhD in a relevant discipline (or a data science MSc with three years relevant post degree experience Of particular interest are candidates with ML experience in the domains of:
- natural language processing
- computational linguistics
- computer vision
- computational behavioural science
- deep learning
- Experience in software development in any of the following: Java, Python, R, Matlab
- Experience with either Linguistic frameworks, Open Source frameworks (e.g. Open CV), or ML frameworks: TensorFlow, Theano, scikit-learn
- Knowledge of the application of analytics to Open Source data desirable
- Experience developing solutions using Windows and Linux
- Possesses excellent communication skills, both written and ora
- Membership of an appropriate professional institution would be advantageous
- A DV clearance or willingness to pursue is desirable
What we’re looking for in you:
- Effective communication skills are essential, as is the ability to work well under pressure.
- You will be able to identify a problem, obstacle or opportunity and take action in light of this to address current or future problems or opportunities. You will have a desire to learn and willingness to seek novel solutions
Location: Great Baddow
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, childcare vouchers, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
BAE Systems is one of the world’s leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
Applied Intelligence Ltd
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cybercrime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations.
We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes – often collecting and analysing huge volumes of data. These, combined with our Cyber Special forces – some of the most skilled people in the world, enable us to defend against cyber-attacks, fraud and financial crime, enable intelligence-led policing and solve complex data problems.
We employ over 4,000 people across 18 countries in the Americas, APAC, UK and EMEA.
Our Enterprise IT Services team has a vital role in delivering some of Applied Intelligence’s key projects, as well as providing IT services for the wider BAE Systems business.
We recognise the individual needs of our employees and are proud to offer flexible working arrangements where possible.
BAE Systems is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at BAE Systems, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities. Please note we will not use any personal information relating to your background at any stage of the application process.
Inspiring Work, Inspiring People
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://baesystems.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=00050709&lang=en →