The Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy for a
Postdoctoral researcher in the area of biostatistics and mathematical epidemiology
The research activities within the Centre for Health Economics Research & Modelling Infectious Diseases (CHERMID) of the Vaccine & Infectious Disease Institute (VAXINFECTIO) at the University of Antwerp focus on interdisciplinary research in mathematical epidemiology, biostatistics and health economics. Within the area of mathematical epidemiology/infectious disease epidemiology interest is mainly in understanding and predicting the spread of infectious diseases. A substantial amount of the work in mathematical epidemiology takes place in close collaboration with CenStat/I-BioStat at Hasselt University. The collaboration is now known as SIMID. It is within this context that in 2016 an ERC consolidator grant with acronym ’TransMID’ was awarded to Prof. Dr. Niel Hens. We seek to hire a postdoctoral fellow with expertise in biostatistics and mathematical epidemiology.
- You contribute to research in the field of biostatistics and mathematical epidemiology.
- You co-supervise PhD students and other team members next to which you will also fulfill a (small) educational task/lecturing duty”.
Profile and requirements
- You hold (or obtain during the application period) a doctoral degree (PhD) in mathematics, statistics, physics or equivalent.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- The focus in your teaching corresponds to the educational vision of the university.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- You have strong communication skills.
- You are fluent in academic English (speaking and writing).
- You have good relational, communicative and reporting skills.
- You can work well in a team.
- an appointment as a postdoctoral researcher for a period of 2 years with possible renewal after positive evaluation for an additional period of up to 1 year;
- a flexible starting date (but at the latest on 1 October 2018);
- a full time gross monthly salary ranging from € 4.053,77 – € 6.319,49;
- a dynamic, highly interdisciplinary and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Please send your application, accompanied by your CV and cover letter, to email@example.com, until the closing date 25 May 2018.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications.
- The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof. Dr. Niel Hens, +3232652658, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com