Competitive Salary plus bonus, excellent pension and flexible benefits
Location: Leicester Spinneyside (LE19 1SZ)
Predictive Modelling Analyst – In a Nutshell
The Predictive Modelling Manger will provide expertise and managerial support for you and your team of modelling analysts to identify opportunities for complex analysis across multiple areas of UKB such as customer acquisition, retention, growth, value management and advocacy in BG. This includes gathering and analysing data to solve complex problems, and making predictions on future outcomes and support decision making.
The candidate will have extensive working knowledge and experience of delivering analysis and insights from customer (and prospects) data sets, will be able to intuitively develop hypothesis and question the output of the analysis and will be a confident presenter to key stakeholders in the business to deliver the insights and learnings to drive strategic change.
Predictive Modelling Analyst – What will you be doing?
- Lead in the development, validation and implementation of propensity models and segmentations to be used across multiple areas of the business, eg the customer journey in acquisition, contact strategies and renewals for business customers.
- Proactively assist in strategy design in order to maximize benefits achieved from implementing the predictive models and then engage with colleagues across the business to influence appropriate conclusions and recommendations.
- Lead in the development and ongoing maintenance of comprehensive model documentation.
- Lead in the development, validation, enhancement and ongoing tracking of robust MI for propensity models, and ensure the Leadership Team is proactively informed of performance.
- Interpret and provide solutions to business and systems problems using data analysis, data mining, optimisation tools, and machine learning techniques and statistics.
- Design and deploy data science and technology-based algorithmic solutions to address business opportunities.
- Work as a senior member of a team of analysts providing leadership and coaching.
- Provide an effective personal contribution to the sharing of knowledge, ideas and information relating to UKB analytics across the business.
- Build and maintain an internal and external stakeholder network.
- Represent the department and company in an appropriate manner when dealing with other parts of the company, regulatory bodies and third parties.
- Ensure the Competence and Training framework policy and procedures are adhered to in order that each team member attains and maintains the required level of competency to perform their role.
- Motivate colleagues to give feedback and ideas for continuous improvement
- Lead by example, ensuring that teams operate in line with Centrica approach and values.
Predictive Modelling Analyst – Knowledge & Experience
- Highly numerate with excellent understanding of range of data manipulation and analysis techniques, such as data mining and statistical techniques including linear and logistical regression, clustering
- Strong technical skills in SAS, R, Python, SQL or equivalent tools (SAS Enterprise Miner or equivalent modelling tool advantageous)
- Team leadership, supporting individuals to achieve planned goals by building capability and skills to fulfil their roles, recognising and rewarding performance appropriately
- Strong MS Office skills, in particular MS Excel
- Ability to lead analysis effectively and create solutions, being prepared to work ‘above and beyond’ to understand wider business touch-points
- Strong verbal and written communication, presentation and influencing skills, with the ability to adapt content and detail as appropriate for the intended audience
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritise multiple deliverables and work under pressure
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the business
- Advantageous to have a broad knowledge of the financial marketplace and the implications to the utilities industry
- Focus on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them
- Ability to remain focused, composed, and optimistic in difficult situations and bounces back from failures or disappointments
- Ability to stand back from the detail to expose new possibilities in a positive way by challenging assumptions and encouraging positive debate
- Ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://email@example.com://centrica.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/Centrica/login?redirect=/Centrica/job/UK---Leicester---Spinneyside/Predictive-Modelling-Manager_R9950385-1/apply?source= →