Location: Sutton (Greater London)
Salary: Appointments will be made at the appropriate academic level, subject to skills and experience. At ICR academics are appointed as either Career Faculty, which is non-time limited with competitive salary, or as Career Development Faculty, which is a six-year Fixed Term Contract on the Career Development Faculty scale in the first instance.
Hours per week: 35 hours per week (Full Time)
Closing Date: 15th January 2024 - Please note applications will be reviewed on receipt and we reserve the right to close the application early should an appropriate candidate be found.
Under the leadership of Professor Judith Bliss, we are seeking to appoint a Research Group Leader to join The CRUK Clinical Trials and Statistics Unit at the ICR. The ICR-CTSU is a research led, academic trials unit established in the 1980s. The main objective of the ICR-CTSU is to lead the design, conduct and analysis of multi-centre national and international randomised controlled clinical trials of cancer treatments which will directly influence routine clinical practice within the NHS and worldwide.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Higher Degree (MSc or PhD) in Medical Statistics or an allied subject.
- Significant experience as a biostatistician working in the field of clinical trials methodology.
- Broad understanding of cancer research
- Evidence of intellectual leadership (Career Faculty)
- Ability to generate research funds to support the group.
As part of your online application you will be required to upload your full CV which will pre-populate your application form, you will also be asked to attach the following documents and failure to do so will mean your application cannot be considered on this occasion:
- Lists of major publications, achievements, research grants, distinctions.
- Research plan (five to six pages outlining your current research interests and research programme for the next 5 years)
- A PDF of a maximum of five key publications, or other research outputs (e.g. patents) that best demonstrate previous productivity or a single document giving hyperlinks to these outputs.
- You must also complete the personal statement section of the application form in the format of a covering letter including the names and contact details of three academic referees
We encourage all applicants to access the job pack attached for more detailed information regarding this role. For an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact Professor Judith Bliss Judith.firstname.lastname@example.org or Professor Emma Hall Emma.email@example.com.