We are looking for a Research Scientist to work within our product development team. You will be required to have a Masters or PhD degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer science, Physics or equivalent.
This is a newly created position for a research applied statistician to work within our product development team. You will be creating new solutions based on holistic statistical models that simplify the implementation of QbD for our customers. You will also contribute through your statistical and probabilistic expertise to other research activities within Corporate Research Department and liaise with colleagues from different product development teams.
Through academic collaboration, you will have continuous interactions with fundamental statistical research groups, bringing to Sartorius the most state-of-the-art statistical methodologies.
This position can be based from one of our sites in Sweden, the UK, France or Germany.
What you will accomplish together with us:
- Contributing to the development of next generation Multivariate Data Analysis tools applied to QbD problems
- Designing innovative algorithms that potentially impact biopharma industry and Sartorius business
- Developing innovative data analytics and statistical workflows
- Attending events and conferences, raising Sartorius profile in term of data analysis and statistical expertise
- Working closely with our development team in Umea, Sweden
- Collaborating closely with colleagues from different business areas on projects
What will convince us:
- Masters or PhD degree in Statistics | Mathematics | Computer science | Physics or equivalent
- Some work experience in statistical modelling in the research or industry
- Analytical and conceptional thinker with ability to solve complex problems
- Highly organised, able to work on projects independently and collaboratively
- Capable of collaborating with colleagues in a global, matrix-based organisation
- Capable of driving initiatives
- Good communication and presentation skills
In order to commence working with us, the successful candidate will need the right to work in the UK.
What we offer
Our ambition is to simplify progress in life science research and the biopharmaceutical industry to help translate scientific findings into new therapeutics faster and more efficiently. So that more people can obtain access to better medicine. Nearly 11,000 employees at more than 60 production and sales locations worldwide are committed to this vision. And together, we have grown strongly over the past years. Do you also want to contribute to our vision? Grow with us and benefit from working with a Global Player that has kept its familiar atmosphere:
Opportunity for international career development: A global network offering seminars and training sessions, expert and manager career paths
Open and highly collaborative culture: Mutual support within teams and working as equals, team spirit and international collaboration
Work-life balance: Working from home at many sites
Intelligent working environment: Working in smart buildings with the latest technology and equipment
Ambitious goals: Sartorius plans to double its sales revenue approximately every five years and expects to grow its global team to approximately 15,000 people in 2025.
We look for employees who would like to grow with us and move the innovative life sciences sector forward. In the process, we focus on agile project work, mutual support within teams and working as equals. Sartorius thrives as a company with people who give their very best every day and who are eager to develop personally and professionally.