The AGES Medical Market Authority (MEA) is responsible for assessing approval procedures for human medicines and for providing scientific advice to companies at European and national levels. To this end, we have built an internationally renowned team of biostatisticians, mathematicians and computer scientists who also represent our agency in leading positions in national and international committees of the European Medicines Agency (EMA).
We are looking for someone to strengthen our team
- Evaluation of statistical approaches in national and European approval procedures
- Scientific advice for international pharmaceutical companies
- Cooperation with academic partners in the field of method development
- Design and application of simulation studies to validate statistical approaches
- Revision of regulatory guidelines in the field of biostatistics
- Management of internal and external projects
- Application of the R programming language for statistical calculations and to implement statistical methods
- Communication of the results to subject-specific and non-subject interest groups
- Willingness to maintain one's own expertise in the field
- University degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science or a comparable field as well as several years of professional experience in the field
- Basic knowledge in the field of clinical drug development
- Confident application of statistical methods or relevant experience in the field of biological, pharmacological or technical modeling
- Ideally experience in programming with R or SAS.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- good written and spoken English knowledge
- Particularly meaningful work in a highly motivated team of experienced biostatisticians and mathematicians
- Independent and varied working environment with development prospects in an international network of experts
- Location in 1200 Vienna, Traisengasse 5, home office option, full-time 38.5 hour week, flexible working hours
- Start of employment immediately or by arrangement
The collectively agreed minimum gross annual salary for this position is at least €52,8197 gross for full-time employment. The willingness to overpay depends on training and experience.