Unilever is a leading multinational “Fast Moving Consumer Goods” company, with extensive R&D facilities around the globe. To meet the sustainable business growth challenge of the next decade, Unilever R&D aims to transform its approach to scientific discovery and product development.The Digital R&D team is leading a digital transformation of R&D through programs in Big Data Analytics, Predictive modelling and Product Life Cycle Management with a view to driving speed, efficiency and connectivity of R&D. The Modelling & Data Analytics team in Digital R&D, provides leading statistics, data science and data management expertise to deliver predictive models and advanced analytics for new insights to the category programs across all R&D functions. The focus lies in the design and planning of experiments, analyses of data, building and validating predictive models and interpretation and exploitation of outcomes together with the project team. The products and brands we support are across Unilever’s categories in Foods & Refreshment, Home Care and Personal Care
- Engagement and collaboration with globally deployed, multi-disciplinary teams to design and implement efficient, well-focused, statistically fit-for-purpose studies, analyse, visualise and interpret data, build and validate predictive models and simulations
- Work in inter- disciplinary teams that will include product formulators, process/packaging engineers, clinicians, measurement scientists, bio-informaticians, claim experts, and other statisticians, both internal in Unilever and external partners.
- Provision of data science/statistics expertise across a range of R&D disciplines to define and execute analytics and modelling approaches (eg: trained panel and consumer studies, investigating key attributes and product preferences, assessment of how consumer perceptions match with product development objectives through analyses of data)
- Responsibility for the quality and defensibility of statistical analyses, models and data interpretation.
- The candidate should have at least a Master’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics or Data Science, with proven experience in research or the FMCG/Retail/Pharmaceutical industries.
- You should have a strong academic background, and strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of product development processes including packaging and manufacturing
- Experience working cross functionally and globally across different time zones
- Strong expertise in Design and Analysis of Experiments (DOE)
- Hands-on technical expertise in data management and visualisation
- Strong technical background in multivariate statistical methods e.g. PCA, PLS and machine learning methods and designing simulations (knowledge of Bayesian Methods a plus).
- Hands-on experience with professional statistical software such as SAS and JMP. Computer programming skills (Python, R and Finite Element Analysis) (Engineering Simulations) will be considered a plus
Unilever is a global Fast-Moving Consumer Goods company in the UK and Ireland. We are already on target to achieve our huge ambition to double the size of our business globally whilst reducing our environmental impact. We are growing our business and also doing what is right for our consumers, community and environment. We are developing brands for people’s lives today and for the changing environment tomorrow – making sustainable living commonplace.Working at Unilever means that you get to take part in this exciting journey and work with amazing people who are really passionate about our large portfolio of famous brands. We want to improve billions of lives and you too can join us in making a sustainable difference.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://unilever.taleo.net/careersection/external/jobdetail.ftl?job=180000C2&lang=en&src= →