British American Tobacco currently have an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Statistician to be based in our Southampton on a permanent basis.
Designing and performing statistical analyses across a range of studies. Setting appropriate statistical approaches for R&D studies, including product development, non-clinical, clinical studies. Provide guidance to non-statisticians and coach other statisticians to ensure implementation of best statistical practice across the organisation.
- Implement best practises for experimental design and statistical analysis across R&D
- Apply advance knowledge in Statistics and statistical software to perform appropriate analyses to support product development and testing. Familiarity with SAS would be preferable
- Contributes to protocols and study plans. Produce and deliver statistical analysis plans. Liaise with vendors as needed to facilitate protocol, SAP, listings and tables’ shells development and review of deliverables
- Able to provide guidance to statistical programmer and analyse data as per SAP
- Good understanding of CDISC standards datasets, specifically SDTM and ADAM
- Supports the DM&S team on the development of new strategies to ensure full data analysis traceability to satisfy regulatory compliance
- Application of formal project management
- Planning – Contributes to strategy to develop dossiers for regulatory submission
- Leads junior statisticians to successfully deliver DM&S’ objectives related to experimental design and statistical analysis
- Understands, promotes and applies their responsibilities under the EH&S policy
- Budget – The role holder is not a budget owner, however, will be expected to contribute to the planning of budgets to manage expenditure and monitor output from the external contracts and collaborations
- Provides training and mentor other team members and wider R&D scientific community in best statistical practice and its implementation through a wide range of statistical software
- Provides training and mentor other team members and wider R&D scientific community in appropriate statistical software such as
- Minitab, JMP, SAS and R Programming to perform statistical analysis
- Provides direction and consultancy on technical issues related to work program
- Collaborating with scientists, product developers, other statisticians, data managers, SAS programmers and other stakeholders to ensure timely successful delivery of data and statistical output. Externally liaising with CROs, contract laboratories and other bodies to ensure delivery of statistical documentation and outputs
- Participation in key stakeholder working groups such as CDISC and RSS
- Provides direction and consultancy on technical issues both externally and internally to R&D
- Author and deliver R&D reports and presentations
- Appropriately contributes to external publications and collaborations
- Decisions are made based on data interpretation gained from extending what is already known in the technical area
- Keep up to date and provide technical advice on new tools to streamline data analysis supporting regulatory submissions
Technical capability and knowledge
- Recognized expertise in Statistics in a R&D setting. Excellent working knowledge of ICH and FDA relevant guidelines
- Excellent working knowledge with statistical software, preferable SAS and Minitab
and knowledge statistical on CDISC standards with emphasis on CDASH, STDM and ADAM
- Working experience providing sample size calculations for a variety of studies using traditional approaches and simulation
Methods / Processes
Deep understanding of data life cycle for data from product development to registration of regulated products. Prepares/review relevant SOPs and training/control documents to ensure that best statistical practice adhering to regulatory requirements is maintained.
Deep understanding of regulatory requirements for statistical analysis activities. Applies advance SAS programming (and other statistical software) to perform and review statistical analyses.
Basic understanding of nicotine products categories
Business Acumen / Commercial Knowledge
Maintains up to date of new emerging products
- Base salary from £55 000 to £70 000 per year, depending of relevant experience
- Bonus target 20% of annual base salary
- Car allowance
- 25 days annual leave
- Participation in Discretionary Company Bonus Scheme
- Participation in Company Share Reward Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Healthcare Cover
- Eligibility for Company Flexible Benefits Scheme
Working at BAT
British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://krb-xjobs.brassring.com/tgwebhost/jobdetails.aspx?jobId=206630&SiteId=5134&JobReqLang=140&PartnerId=30015&codes=1 →