This position uses skills as a seasoned, experienced research professional with a full understanding of in-depth statistical analyses and / or research software programming techniques. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Prepares data use agreements and coordinates with research personnel at multiple sites to access and harmonize data. Offers guidance about appropriate analytic techniques.
- Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes the collection of information and data; recommends statistical approaches, trends, sources and uses.
- Prepares data for presentation and publication. Collaborates in manuscript preparation
- Develops systems for organizing data to analyze, identify and report trends.
- Manages database of research data for projects.
- Reviews new software instruments and potential effects on statistical testing. May make programming modifications.
- Participates in development and implementation of data security policies and procedures.
- Keeps abreast of technical advances in storage, documentation and dissemination of computerized data.
- May supervise data entry, database management and research analysis of students, support staff and / or lower level analysts.
To see the salary range for this position (we recommend that you make a note of the job code and use that to look up): TCS Non-Academic Titles Search (ucop.edu)
Please note: The compensation ranges listed online for roles not covered by a bargaining unit agreement are very wide, however a job offer will typically fall in the range of 80% - 120% of the established mid-point. An offer will take into consideration the experience of the final candidate AND the current salary level of individuals working at UCSF in a similar role.
For roles covered by a bargaining unit agreement, there will be specific rules about where a new hire would be placed on the range.
To learn more about the benefits of working at UCSF, including total compensation, please visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
The position is housed within the Bishop Lab in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and minimum three years of experience or equivalent experience / training.
- Thorough knowledge of research function.
- Thorough skills associated with statistical analysis and systems programming.
- Thorough skills in analysis and consultation.
- Skills to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in writing.
- Research skills at a level to evaluate alternate solutions and develop reco7mmendations.
- Ph.D. in psychology or related field
- Skills in project management
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences. We bring together the world’s leading experts in nearly every area of health. We are home to five Nobel laureates who have advanced the understanding of cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, aging and stem cells.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
Equal Employment Opportunity