This is an exciting time to join the University of Warwick Library as we develop services in support of Scholarly Communications. This post will work with colleagues to coordinate the development, provision and improvement of the University’s research data management services.
The current focus for the role is to implement our new strategic roadmap for research data management in support of the Open Research agenda. A priority is the advocacy and embedding of RDM services within the world-class research community at Warwick. Providing training to ensure colleagues have the relevant skills to be successful in this area will be a key activity. Management of data deposits is an area of growth for the role. You will also be expected to work in partnership with academic colleagues and professional services staff across the University, as well as engage beyond the University to maintain awareness of relevant developments.
You will be educated to at least degree level (or equivalent) and have experience of supporting research data activities or working with research data. You will have experience and understanding of the data life cycle and of working with repositories as well as allied technical skills. The postholder will work with colleagues across the University so good interpersonal, teamworking and communication skills are essential. The role’s job description provides full details.
To coordinate the development, provision and improvement of the University’s research data management services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Coordinate development and provision of generic data management services for the University. Working closely with relevant partner agencies and the academic community to scope, plan and lead projects to implement and improve infrastructure, tools, policies, procedures and workflows for data management and curation.
2. Undertake advocacy, outreach and promotion activities for the University’s data management policies and services. Promote best practice in research data management through means such as a Web portal; creation and delivery of written and other guidance and training materials on data literacy and management; attendance at University and departmental meetings; producing papers and presentations for delivery to the University community; working with departments and individual researchers.
3. Build and maintain effective relationships within the Library, for example with the Digital Systems, Services and Development (DSSD), the Data Services and e-Repositories teams; with other partner agencies such as IT Services, Organisational Development, Research and Impact Services, and Student Opportunity; and with other stakeholder groups such as the University Governance team, Information and Data Compliance team, academic departments and Doctoral Training Centres.
4. Provide advice and guidance on all aspects of data management, referring to sources of information and advice within and beyond the University as appropriate.
5. Work with relevant partners such as Research and Impact Services to maintain an overview of data creation and management of data within the University, reporting and acting on this to support compliance with funder and University research data management policies.
6. Participate in University initiatives and groups related to data management and other relevant groups related to the wider working of the Library/University.
7. Maintain professional awareness of data management issues and developments, including government and funder initiatives, and engage with relevant external bodies on behalf of the University and its interests in this area.
Institute of Statistical Science Academia Sinica
December 27, 2019
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
November 19, 2019
December 19, 2019
University of Alberta
Edmonton, AB, Canada
December 18, 2019
November 22, 2019
UCLA Department of Statistics
Los Angeles, CA
December 10, 2019
The National Audit Office
December 01, 2019
The Institute of Cancer Research
Sutton, Surrey, UK
December 02, 2019
University of Glasgow
December 09, 2019
City of Westminster Council
Victoria Street, London, UK
December 31, 2019
Greater London Authority
November 24, 2019
The Department for Work and Pensions
Leeds, West Yorkshire
December 14, 2019
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
December 01, 2019
Ministry of Justice
December 11, 2019
Competition & Markets Authority
Canary Wharf, London
November 18, 2019
University of the Incarnate Word
San Antonio, TX
November 20, 2019