Designs and performs statistical analyses across a range of studies. Setting appropriate statistical approaches for R&D studies, including product development, non-clinical, clinical studies. Provide guidance to non-statisticians and coach other statisticians to ensure implementation of best statistical practice across the organisation.
- Bring your skills and make an impact implementing best practises for experimental design and statistical analysis across Research and Development
- Contribute to Science by participating in the development of protocols, study plans statistical analysis plans.
- Support the DM&S team on the development of new strategies to ensure full data analysis traceability to satisfy regulatory compliance, including implementation of CDISC standards.
- Coach junior statisticians to successfully deliver business objectives. Provide training and mentoring to other team members and wider BAT scientific community in statistics.
- Collaborating with scientists, product developers, other statisticians, data managers, SAS programmers and other stakeholders to ensure timely successful delivery of data and statistical output. Externally liaising with CROs, contract laboratories and other bodies to ensure delivery of statistical documentation and outputs.
- Provide direction and consultancy on statistical issues and contribute to external publications and collaborations.
- Keep up to date and develop technical knowledge on new tools to streamline data analysis supporting nicotine product development and regulatory engagement
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Recognized expertise in Statistics in a R&D setting. Excellent working knowledge of ICH and FDA relevant guidelines.
- Excellent working knowledge with statistical software, preferable SAS and Minitab.
- and knowledge statistical on CDISC standards with emphasis on CDASH, STDM and ADAM
- Working experience providing sample size calculations for a variety of studies using traditional approaches and simulation.
- Other software like R, JMP, Stata, Matlab, WinNonLin would be an advantage.
- Working knowledge using Bayesian approaches for modelling, multi-state disease modeling.
- Working knowledge in simulation techniques.
- Deep understanding of regulatory requirements for statistical analysis activities. Applies advance SAS programming (and other statistical software) to perform and review statistical analyses.
- Base salary from £55 000 to £70 000 per year, depending of relevant experience
- Bonus target 20% of annual base salary
- Car allowance
- 25 days annual leave
- Participation in Discretionary Company Bonus Scheme
- Participation in Company Share Reward Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Healthcare Cover
- Eligibility for Company Flexible Benefits Scheme
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://careers.bat.com/job/Southampton-Senior-Scientist-Statistician/482569801/ →