Glasgow: £41,200 – £64,000
London, Canary Wharf: £43,600 – £69,700
Ofgem protects the interests of present and future generations of electricity and gas consumers by promoting value for money; ensuring security of supply and sustainability; and effectively supervising and developing competition in our markets.
We are growing our digital capability in our organisation, expanding our community of architects who work across the Ofgem enterprise. These people lead Ofgem’s understanding of how to arrange and deliver our organisation’s digital capability to best enable it to do its regulatory work and to advise it with respect to its data and digital interests out in the marketplace.
Our architects are delivery focused and work to meet the business needs of their users internal and external to the organisation. They partner and integrate with multi-disciplinary teams working on different projects, ensuring that their digital architectures are designed and delivered coherently to realise an effective overall enterprise-wide digital architecture. For this role you will first partner with our new Data Services team, delivering new digital capabilities for our data.
While working with the Data Services team you will collaborate with an integrated team of business product leads, software engineers, QA testers, business and data analysts. You will guide the technical and digital direction of work as an external-facing cloud-based platform is delivered and operated. The team support a wide range of internal and external stakeholders. You will integrate with and support this multi-disciplinary team, encouraging open, inclusive discussions and adopting the team’s agile approach to delivery.
In the role you will:
- Play your part in the digital transformation of government by ensuring overall technical design meets user needs and acceptance criteria, within project parameters.
- Design technical services and plan system integration, providing high-quality technical leadership and consultancy to internal and external development teams and ensuring infrastructure is fit for purpose.
- Build and maintain technical roadmaps, scanning the horizon to reduce risk and ensuring decisions are aligned with strategy.
- Undertake continuous improvement and maintenance activity to ensure consistent platform availability.
- Ensure security, privacy and resilience is a priority at all times.
- Work collaboratively to develop the right solutions to meet the business’ technical requirements.
You must also have:
- Experience of leading technical teams delivering user-focused services.
- Strong software development and application architecture experience, including open source technologies.
- Experience of cloud technologies, enterprise integration, and extract, transformation and load (ETL) tools.
- Knowledge of Linux and at least one programming language (eg Python, C++, Java, Scala).
- Nuanced and extensive experience of working with data security and privacy issues / experts.
- A track record of successfully working within an agile project management environment.
- Strong influencing and communication skills, enabling you to advise senior management effectively and explain complex issues to non-specialist as well as specialist audiences.
Ofgem can offer you a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, which includes:
- Up to 30 days’ annual leave
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- The opportunity to join the Civil Service pension arrangements, which include a valuable range of benefits
- Flexible working hours and family friendly policies
- Subsidised gym and restaurant (London only)
- Interest free season ticket loan.
Closing date: midnight, 23 July 2018.
Ofgem is an equal opportunities employer. Protecting consumers and powering the future of the energy debate.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.ofgemcareers-ds.co.uk →