NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 700 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with approximately 29,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.TITLE: Senior Software DeveloperLOCATION: DundeePosting date: March 7, 2018Competitive salary and benefits
POSTION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
We are looking for a software developer to join a research and development team as part of a Media Handling Engineering development group.
The team is responsible for developing the software components that support the creation of currency recognition and validation templates. The team is also responsible for the creation of embedded software to control electro-mechanical hardware devices used to accept and process banknotes. The devices are installed within Automated Teller Machines (ATM).The successful candidate will:
- Be required to carry out investigation, development and testing of traditional and novel machine learning and artificial intelligence classification algorithms. Specifically investigation of algorithms for applicability in the banknote recognition and validation environment with prototyping and testing of algorithms based on such algorithms essential. This work will include applications in traditional and other imaging environments, as well as discrete and multi-sensor techniques for banknote validation. Image and signal processing as well as sensor fusion techniques may also form part of the research and development work.
- As well as coding candidate algorithms, thorough testing, debugging, streamlining and documentation of such algorithms, code and associated techniques will be required as part of the development process.
- Planning the technology roadmap in this area may also be required.
- The successful applicant may have to work on their own much of the time so should be self-motivated, be able to take responsibility for their own work and be well organised. They should also be able to work as part of a highly motivated team.
- Project priorities can change as they often do in industry and the need to assist in other similar discipline projects may arise so flexibility to such change will be requested.
- As they will be responsible for their own work, good communication skills (oral, report writing, document creation and presenting) are essential.
- All skills to do with technical investigation, such as creativity and innovation, numerical skills, reasoning and patience will be called upon.
Desired Skills and Experience
Candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent discipline.3 years of relevant experience in research and software development.An understanding of engineering development processes, design, and test methodologies.
- Through education and work placements, the following qualifications are desired:
- Matlab using Image Processing Toolbox and Statistics Toolbox
- C and C++ programming using Microsoft Visual Studio
- Windows programming for Win7 operating systems
- Post graduate studies and research related to image analysis, machine learning, computational statistics and/or artificial intelligence
- At least 3 years of applicable research experience or equivalent industrial experience
This position will require willingness to perform international travel periodically to support design, testing and customer installations.Experienced with Microsoft products, including Word, Excel, Visio, Project, Outlook and AccessPersonal Attributes should include:
- Able to work in an interdisciplinary team environment
- Interest in software and systems reliability
- Great communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://ncr.taleo.net/careersection/3/jobdetail.ftl?job=0064648_P0223194&lang=en&media_id=54443&src= →