The Cancer Outcomes, Public Policy and Effectiveness Research (COPPER) Center at Yale School of Medicine (copper.yale.edu) is a national leader in the field of cancer-related health services and outcomes research. The Center is comprised of researchers and clinicians across The Schools of Medicine and Public Health who collaborate on a variety of research projects involving both primary and secondary data, but all sharing a common theme: furthering our understanding of the benefits, risks, and costs of cancer screening and treatment. In addition to our strong record of research dissemination in peer-reviewed journals and at scientific conferences, COPPER research has been cited in insurer coverage decisions and medical society guidelines and is often covered in the lay press. We are seeking a qualified and curious individual to join our team of 5 data analysts.
This individual will be responsible for data management, statistical analysis, and project management for cancer-related health services and outcomes research studies at the Cancer Outcomes, Public Policy, and Effectiveness Research (COPPER) Center at Yale. The applicant will assist the Director and affiliated research faculty with statistical analysis using SAS for multiple studies, as well as with literature searching, grant-writing, and administrative tasks such as drafting progress reports and human subject protocols. Finally, the applicant will assist the study team with disseminating results, helping to prepare manuscripts and presentations.
1. Performs a variety of duties involving the application of statistical skills to the design of research studies. Works as a member of a research team/study team to provide appropriate statistical input in the design, execution and analysis of studies.
2. Participates in the development of operations and procedures for the collection, editing, verification and management of statistical data.
3. Operates one or more systems of computer hardware and statistical analysis software for the management and analysis of data. Evaluates the statistical methods and procedures used to obtain data to ensure validity, applicability, efficiency, and accuracy.
4. Analyzes and interprets statistical data to identify significant differences in relationships among sources of information.
5. Processes large amounts of data for statistical modeling and graphic analysis, using computers.
6. Investigates, evaluates and prepares reports on applicability, efficiency, and accuracy of statistical methods used in obtaining and evaluation data.
7. Participates in the preparation of written and oral presentations that summarize the analysis of data, interprets the finding and provides conclusions and recommendations.
8. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Master's degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1: