DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a global, purpose-led, science-based company active in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM’s purpose is to create brighter lives for all. DSM addresses with its products and solutions some of the world’s biggest challenges while simultaneously creating economic, environmental and societal value for all its stakeholders – customers, employees, shareholders, and society at large. DSM delivers innovative solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company was founded in 1902 and is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
More information can be found at www.dsm.com .
DSM is the new home of BIOMIN . With this acquisition, we have strengthened our role in the area of innovative sustainable solutions for mycotoxin risk management, gut performance and animal nutrition.
What sets working at DSM apart? It’s that through sustainable and safe nutrition, we want to improve health for people and the planet. This is a place where you can learn, grow and develop – and know that every day of your career here will be as exciting as the first.
Bioinformatician / Data analyst (m/f/d)
We are looking for people who are keen in deriving insights from biological data.
Your key responsiblites:
- Analysis of various biological data, mainly sequencing data (from standard analysis to developing new methods)
- For some projects and if keen in: derive full biological stories
- Drive project targets by providing expertise while conducting exploratory research in order to produce knowledge and potential products and services
- Provide visualization, reporting and interpretation for a wide variety of research questions in animal nutrition
- Support our multidisciplinary project teams with your statistical expertise to optimize decision-making and influence strategy
- MSc or PhD in Bioinformatics, Computer Science or general Data Science with a biological background
- Solid knowledge of
- Biological data
- State-of-the-art bioinformatics tools
- Pipelines and /or workflow systems
- Profound skills in
- One scripting language (Python, Perl, bash ,…)
- One efficient programming language (C++, Java, …)
- A hybrid workplace that offers flexibility to employees across the business
- More than enough (different) data, with several given questions, and also room for develop own ideas / analyses
- Possibilities to publish articles
- A safe, inclusive workplace where you feel welcome
What else do you need to know:
- The position is in the Biodata Analytics team of 5-6 people
- Your place of employment: Tulln (Austria)
- Type of employment: 38,5 h/week, full-time, also after COVID-19 there is the possibility up to 50% Home Office
- This position is available immediately (we will be happy to consider you notice period or your preferred date)
- Depending on your classification in our career model, your professional experience and qualifications, we offer you an attractive total compensation package for this position starting at € 40,000 gross p.a. (full-time).
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by uploading us your resume in English via our career portal. Your recruiter: email@example.com
The procedure will generally be in line with the DSM application process outlined on the DSM career website. Due to privacy regulations, we can only actively interact with applications via our career portal.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and
affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.