Glasgow: £41,200 – £64,000
London, Canary Wharf: £43,600 – £69,700
Fixed term contract for 24 months
Ofgem protects the interests of present and future generations of electricity and gas consumers by promoting value for money; ensuring security of supply and sustainability; and effectively supervising and developing competition in our markets.
We are building a new capability into our organisation, creating a community of User Researchers to work across the Ofgem enterprise. This new user research function will complement our existing Customer and Behavioural Insight function to lead Ofgem’s understanding of energy consumers needs of the marketplace. They will listen to and learn about consumers and innovators needs; inform and guide Ofgem and industry professionals about where opportunities lie to realise better outcomes for consumers. We are building this capability into Ofgem by having it first support the work of our new delivery team, Ofgem Data Services. This is an exciting opportunity to establish a user research function and grow it to reach across the wider Ofgem enterprise.
While working with the Data Services team you will collaborate with an integrated team of business product leads, software engineers, QA testers, business and data analysts. You will guide the direction of work for the team as together you learn how data can be utilised to generate new insight and better outcomes for energy consumers. The team support a wide range of internal and external stakeholders. You will integrate with and support this multi-disciplinary team, encouraging open, inclusive discussions and adopting the team’s agile approach to delivery.
Reporting to the Head of Profession for Social Research, you will work closely with other researchers to build capability and develop a strategic and holistic narrative about how different research activities complement each other. Your experiences and learnings with Data Services will be an enabling opportunity for you to own, grow and develop an enduring User Research function for Ofgem to support its wider consumer-focused regulatory work.
In the role you will:
- Support service teams in enhancing their understanding of users, to inform better service design.
- Generate new and useful user insights and work closely with designers, policy workers, analysts and developers to interpret these into service improvements.
- Develop appropriate research strategies to inform our user insights.
- Advise and support other researchers on the team in developing their expertise in user research methods
You must have:
- Experience of designing, facilitating and analysing a variety of user research methods, drawing on both quantitative and qualitative evidence.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- A highly developed understanding of user needs and behaviours in relation to products and services.
- Confidence in presenting research findings to senior stakeholders, bringing complex subject matter to life for different audiences.
Ofgem can offer you a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, which includes:
- Up to 30 days’ annual leave
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- The opportunity to join the Civil Service pension arrangements, which include a valuable range of benefits
- Flexible working hours and family friendly policies
- Subsidised gym and restaurant (London only)
- Interest free season ticket loan.
Closing date: midnight, 23 July 2018.
Ofgem is an equal opportunities employer. Protecting consumers and powering the future of the energy debate.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.ofgemcareers-ds.co.uk →